Job Title Community Volunteer Marketing Designer
Hours/Commitment Committing to completing project / hours are project specific.
Job Description Summer Hygiene Drive Graphic Designer
- Create visual concepts, by hand or using computer software, to communicate ideas that inspire, inform, or captivate donors.
- Develop a theme that is eye catching which would inspire the donation of hygiene items
- Make DESC's Hygiene Drive recognizable by selecting color, images, or logo designs that represent a particular idea or identity to be used in advertising and promotions
- Notify the Volunteer Coordinator and site volunteer supervisor promptly if unable to complete scheduled work.
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with staff from various backgrounds and disciplines.
- Must be proficient in graphic deign software.
- Must have good marketing and communication skills.
- Must be able to take projects from conceptualization, to design production and fulfillment on time.
- Respect client confidentiality and not share names or identifying characteristics with anyone.
- Have not worked for, or been a client/resident of DESC programs for at least 6 months.
- Subscribe to philosophy of cooperation and continuity across programs, and of consideration and respect for clients.
- Are at least 18 years old.
- If you have had problems with drugs or alcohol in the past, you must be clean and sober for at least six months.
- Completed Tuberculosis (TB) skin test (optional).
- DESC will insure volunteers feel comfortable in their positions and are adequately trained to meet job duties.
- DESC staff are expected to respond to all emergencies, including fights and body fluid clean ups, regardless of volunteers skills or experience.
- DESC will make sure there is always staff available for the volunteer at all times.
New volunteer orientation includes an overview of agency history and philosophy as well as reviewing risks and rewards of volunteering at DESC.Volunteer coordinators are available for questions, supervision and support. Evaluation and professional reference available after 6 months.Volunteers are welcome to attend DESC's program trainings held once per month.Benefits
DESC volunteers learn about issues of homelessness, in particular, those concerns for persons living with significant mental illnesses and other disabilities. Join us for an opportunity to contribute to our mission to contribute uncommon efforts that produce uncommon results.
Email our Volunteer and In Kinds Officer if you would like to intern with us.Return to Volunteer page